Every mental health trust in London has put in place a 24/7 crisis line for people of all ages - children, young people and adults. The lines which are free to call can provide advice to those in a crisis. These crisis lines are supported by trained mental health advisors 365 days a year.
The number for Bexley, Bromley & Greenwich is 0800 330 8590
Digital Accelerator: Helping patients with severe mental illness live better for longer.
Patients with severe mental illness (SMI) tend to have a lower life expectancy than the general population. This is owing to mental health factors as well as physical and lifestyle factors.
The Digital Accelerator project aims to address this issue by improving access to frontline services and information.
Mind in Bexley, in partnership with South East London CCG, have put together a program of groups and activities that patients with SMI and their carers can access.
The Digital Accelerator program includes:
- A new face-to-face monthly peer-led forum launched as part of Mind in Bexley’s existing Recovery College
- A quarterly webinar created in partnership with GPs and other local services, scheduled for November.
- Research into the experience of diagnosis and treatment of SMI patients in the Bexley area.
- A Digital Health Champion skills training program which provides one-to-one training for patients wanting to use technology to meet their health needs better.
More information about the Project is available here.
Mental Health Support: Mind in Bexley
Are you feeling low in mood, anxious, worried or depressed?
Mind in Bexley IAPT team offers:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Counselling for Depression
- Therapy for parents in the perinatal period (and parents of babies under 1 year)
- EMDR for trauma
- Online therapy
- Bereavement support
- Mental health support for Long Term conditions
Click here to complete the online form to register for support
Please note, you must be registered with a Bexley GP and be aged 18 or over.
Open from 9am to 9pm 7 days a week
Feeling lonely, isolated, anxious or stressed?
Phone our talkline and speak to a counsellor free of charge.
We are here to listen to you and support you with whatever you are going through in these difficult times.
Freephone: 0800 04726000
Feel like you could use some emotional support?
No problem is too small at Kooth. Explore our mental wellbeing community for free, safe and anonymous support.
Sign up for free at Kooth.com
Community support means everything to us.
Explore our supportive and anonymous mental wellbeing community for adults.
- Chat online to qualified counsellors
- Read and write articles
- Get online suppotr from the Qwell community
- Set personal goals and record how you feel
Do you know young people who would want to have conversations about mental health services?
- Who identify as Black or Asian
- Aged 12-25
- Living in London
- And interested in making a difference
Interested in taking part?
Text or Whatsapp 07591 206 083 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Every Mind Matters
Getting active could make a difference