Online consultation patient introductory video click here.
For further information on eConsult please have a look on our eConsult page here
Your Surgery Needs You!
Volunteers for Covid vaccination clinics needed
Would you like to help with the Covid vaccination role out?
We need volunteers to help run Covid vaccination clinics at our surgery on King Harolds Way.
If you would like to help please contact your Reception team on 020 8303 1127 for further information.
Welcome to the Bexley Medical Group Website
We would like to reassure out patients that our Surgeries are open. However in line with NHS England guidance we are operating a total triage system to reduce footfall in the Practice and keep patients and staff safe. For further information on eConsult please have a look on our eConsult page here. If you need further advice or are unable to submit an EConsult please call your reception team on 020 8303 1127
Bexley Medical Group comprises doctors' surgeries in Bexleyheath, Erith and Bexley. The Practice provides a fully comprehensive health care service including not only physical, mental and social care but also a commitment to health care education. Our surgeries are well equipped with well-trained staff to enable patients to make well-informed decisions about their own health. We value our staff and are committed to providing patients with an efficient, caring and courteous service.
As well as a source of information about our practice, the staff and the services we provide, we hope you will use this website as a useful resource for other health-related information. Please have a look around and do send us some feedback if you like. We can use your ideas to improve our online services and further develop the content of this site.
Covid-19 (Coronavirus) Vaccinations (as at 11/02/2020)We have just started inviting our group 6 patients for vaccination - this is a large group and we can only invite patients when we have been allocated vaccinations - please bear with us we will contact you.
If you are in group 1-5 and have not had your vaccination please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com or calling on 020 8303 1127. It is quicker and more efficient for us to contact you by text - if we do not have an up to date mobile number for you please email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are trying to make contacting us easier so there is now one phone number for all 3 of our sites please use 020 8303 1127.
Until December 2020 if you call one of the old numbers you will be automatically diverted to the new number, after December you will hear a message asking you to hang up and call 020 8303 1127.
Bexley Medical Group is committed to offering best practice: timely, considerate and responsive to the needs of our patients. We will safeguard vulnerable patients and ensure their needs are our top priority.
We endeavour to: -
- Provide an environment which is clean, safe, and conducive to high quality patient care;
- Provide urgent appointments that enable patients, as a minimum, to talk to a clinician on the day.
- Offer patients, with long term conditions a management plan, to ensure that their reviews and medication are managed effectively;
- Ensure that all staff take part in Continuous Professional Development, ensuring we practice in accordance with national guidelines
- Ensure your prescription when already on "repeat" is ready for collection with 48 hours or where there is an issue contact you to advise of any delay;
- Respond quickly and pro-actively to any concerns you may have about the service you receive from us.
- To ensure we safeguard your medical records and we will not share any of your information held at the practice without your consent. We comply with the Data Protection Act.
- To continue to treat each patient as an individual and be sensitive to their needs without any prejudice.
- To work closely with our Patient participation Group to ensure we are responsive to our population needs. Our PPG has established the Home Alone Project, a befriending volunteer group.
The Care Quality Commission (CQC) are the independent regulator of health and adult social care in England.
The CQC make sure health and social care services provide people with safe, effective, compassionate, high-quality care and encourage them to improve.
They monitor, inspect and regulate services to make sure they meet fundamental standards of quality and safety and publish what is found, including performance ratings to help people choose care.
Our GP Practice has recently undergone a CQC inspection and the results are now freely available on the CQC Website.
(Site updated 25/02/2021)