We have recently introduced a new service, which we hope will improve the service we provide to you, the service is called Patient Care Messaging.
What Is Patient Care Messaging?
Patient Care Messaging is a new service that will make it easier for you, as a patient, and your GP surgery to keep in touch.
Many of us carry a mobile phone and know how useful text messaging can be. The Patient Care Messaging service enables your GP surgery to get in touch with you by sending text messages to your mobile phone.
The kind of messages your GP surgery could send.
There are numerous reasons that your GP may want to contact you using the convenience of text messaging. Some typical examples might include the following:
- A reminder of an upcoming surgery appointment.
- To ask you to bring documents or samples with you on your next visit.
- To periodically collect important data to update your medical record.
- To ask you to contact the surgery for more information about relevant services.
You can even reply to the messages, for example to ‘cancel’ your appointment.
If you would like more information please ask one of our receptionists.
- You will not be charged for any incoming messages from the surgery to your mobile phone.
- Any replies to the surgery will be charged at your standard network rate.
- Your information will NOT be disclosed to any third party and will be used by your healthcare professional only.