GP online services allow you to access a range of services via your computer, mobile or tablet. Once you have signed up, you will be able to:
- book or cancel appointments online
- renew or order repeat prescriptions online
- view parts of your GP record, including information about medication, allergies, vaccinations, previous illnesses and test results
You can still contact the practice by phone or in person, this is just another option, which other patients have found is more convenient and saves them time. More information including “how to” leaflets and videos of patients and why they are using GP online services are available at www.nhs.uk/gponlineservices
How to sign-up
For more information, please contact reception or next time you visit the surgery, bring with you a piece of photo ID (passport, driving licence) and something with your address on like a bank statement but not a gas or electric bill. If you don’t have these, please talk to us and we will help you sign-up
It’s easy to book appointments and order repeat prescriptions online, at home or on your smartphone/tablet device. Please complete the Online Registration Form , and bring to the surgery with some photo ID (such as a passport or driving licence) and one of our staff can register you for the service.
Once we’ve registered you at the practice, you will receive an email you need to complete registration online.
Alternatively you can register for a basic account here. A basic account will allow you to book appointments but you still need to bring photo ID to the surgery to upgrade to a full account to order repeat medications.
If you are already registered, you can simply log-in to the online services website using your unique username and password – created when you registered.
GP online services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, every day of the year, so it can often be easier and more convenient than a phone call or making a special journey to our practice.
You can also request access to online services on behalf of somebody you care for.
Why you should register for online services?
- Save yourself a phone call – logging online to book an appointment takes just a minute
- It’s easier to order your repeat prescriptions – you don't need to journey to the practice or wait around on the phone, you can see which repeat prescriptions need to be ordered and only order the ones that you need
- It’s more convenient for you – online services are available 24/7, every day of the year so you don't need to wait until the GP practice is open
- You can also update your demographic details – including telephone numbers and email addresses to make sure that you receive reminders and information from your practice
Find out more
More information about registering for online services can be found in this leaflet, on the NHS Choices website or from patient-services.co.uk 'help' section;
Having issues with Patient online services please click on the link Patient Access Support
DCR statement of intent.pdf